I plied it on my Majacraft Pioneer. The 3 ply skein came out to 200 metres and weighed 57 grams:
Even though I know it will happen, especially with fibre dyed in complementary colours, I'm always surprised at how toned down the finished yarn becomes. The scarf is very subdued, reminding me of the desert sands we saw in Arizona, fitting enough, considering where I bought the tussah roving:
The colours are much tamer than I usually wear, but I did want a quiet little neck piece. The hand and drape of the fabric is lovely. If I decide the colours need perking up, there is always the dye pot!
Later in the day, on the way to visit my godmother, I stopped by a garage sale this afternoon and found this:
It was a new, tags attached wallet. I wasn't looking for a new wallet, but it was a mere $5 and I have been keeping an eye out for a case for my Knitters' Pride interchangeable needle set:
The original KP case for the Special Set (shorter needles and 16 inch cables) was adequate, but didn't hold the accessories I need and it certainly wasn't as cute as this wallet. Even with my limited (i.e., non-existent!) sewing skills, I was able to hand stitch dividers for the needles. I used upholstery thread for durability, hence the non-matching thread and the noticeably uneven stitches. The case is compact, with a secure zipper and it's tough enough to protect the needle tips. There are lovely ready-made cases available for interchangeable needles, but the zippered ones seem to be expensive. I'm not complaining, because there's a lot of work involved in the design and sewing of this cases and I think artisans deserve a decent wage for their work. It's just more fun to adapt something myself.
It's been a productive day. This evening, I'll knit or spin a bit more, enjoy a glass of wine, toasting to a successful Sunday.